The mission of the Downtown Cushing Revitalization Association (DCRA) is to improve the quality of life by strengthening the downtown as the center of the community through concentrated efforts of a process specific to the downtown area.
DCRA - Annual Events
- Soup Thyme
- The Fourth Annual Soup Thyme will be held Friday, March 15th, 2013 from 11:00am til 2:00pm.
- Soup Mugs are sold for $10.00. A Soup Cookbook is sold for $10.00, or both sold as a package for $18.00.
- This year there are eight Downtown businesses' that have "Soup Stations". A purchaser of a mug will take the mug to each station and sample eight different soups. Soups are judged by 3 Chef's and the winner receives Cushing Cash.
- Mugs are sold in various businesses in the Downtown area.
- Soup Stations this year are at:
- Cushing Citizen
- Beasley Technology
- Stu's Music
- Uptown Girl's
- Show and Tell Times
- Cimarron Tower
- Khris Fowler Agency "Farmers"
- Edward Jones Investments
- Farmers’ Market
- The Cushing Farmer's Market is held from June through August (as established by the committee and vendors). The Market is held in the Centennial Park.
- Red Carpet Karoake
This annual event brings our proud community downtown to display the wonderful singing talents. Held in Centennial Park in June.
All events help to maintain the Centennial Park and further the Mission of the DCRA by helping the Downtown area and businesses.
DCRA manages and maintains the Centennial Park located at 110 E. Broadway which is open to the public. Functions may be held by other organizations or individuals. Guidelines and permits may be issued by contacting DCRA.
DCRA Board of Directors, P.O. Box 907, Cushing, OK 74023
- Marilyn Duff, President
- Kelly Dilley, Vice-President
- Lynda Cummings, Secretary
- Laura Butler, Treasurer
- Sherrie Plunkett, Construction and Restoration Projects Chair
- Ex-Officio Members:
- Brent Thompson, Chamber of Commerce Executive Director
- Steve Spears, Cushing City Manager